Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Plot Thickens -- continuing "A Date to Die For"


"I just want to know what you've got," Kline argued.

I could hear him on the other side of the wall. While I sat in a holding cell, Kline and the Captain had a heated discussion.

"You can't arrest her with your only defense being she was found there with the body. Hell, she was knocked out cold. Who did that?"

"I'm certainly aware of the law, detective. We have other evidence. And it's not circumstantial."

"And what would that evidence be?"

I wanted to emit an "oh, oh" because I recognized that undertone in Kline's voice. He seldom used it. Only when his anger thermometer rose above one hundred. And it wasn't pretty. I decided maybe the Captain detected it, too, because he offered up the information without anymore persuasion.


"We found a note in her handbag."


To read more, visit:

Kathryn Long's BookNook

No comments: