Monday, April 2, 2018

Book Deals and Treadmills

I'll admit it. I'm a couch potato. A desk chair dud. Find me a place to park my derriere and I'm in it, getting all comfy, cozy. It's the downside of being a writer and retiree. That and binging on junk food. However, I promised myself if a got a book deal (it's been four years since I signed my last one), I'd make an attempt to live a healthier, more active life, i.e. dust off the treadmill and get to walking. To clarify, I've been on the treadmill, take walks with the dog, and such, but nothing regular. I'm determined to change that. Cross your fingers for me. I'll need lots of cheering on!

And yes, the time is here, folks. I signed a deal last week with Black Opal Books, a very nice independent press, stamped with approval by Mystery Writers of America and International Thriller Writers. My mystery, BURIED IN SIN, (previously titled Grave Maker Blues), will see the "light of publishing" sometime in 2019. It's been a long road to get here. Lots of hard work and buckets of sweat. And I am excited. Really, really excited!

Of course, the work is never done. Writing is a cycle, an on-going adventure. Sort of like that treadmill. You gotta keep walking to stay alive and healthy. That said, I'm stepping away from the desk and laptop to get my routine started. And maybe while I'm at it, I can plot my next mystery!

Enjoy your week! Happy reading 😀


2 comments:

Jo Chumas said...

Love it! You're such an inspiration. Big kisses. Jo xx

Author and Reader said...

Aw, thank you, Jo! I appreciate the encouragement :-)