Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Writing, and Then There's Patience

I finished the first book in a new mystery series -- Grave Maker Blues. Satisfying as it seems, at least for a brief time, I queried it to a handful of agents. That quenched my productive, creative urges. For a brief time. So, I outlined the next story in the series. Just last week I started writing book 2. I figure it will take me two or three months to finish a rough draft. That should satisfy me ... for a brief time. 

Admittedly, the little voice in my head won't let me stop. I have to keep going, moving on to something new, while I wait for whatever I hope to accomplish. I'd like to stop. Give a brief, restful pause to enjoy those things that tend to be overlooked or ignored while I'm busy producing, achieving, waiting. Ah ... it's just that little voice, the cheerleader in my head ... it won't let me stop.

Could it be the mentality of all those great minds throughout the course of history? Could they possess that voice? Am I like that, included with those great minds? .... Nah, it's just me, like anyone trying to satisfy the productive, creative urges, just one in a gazillion. Yep, that's who I am. 

Still, I think I will try to stop, at least for the holidays. It's only fair, to me, to my family, friends ... now, where was I? Oh. Yeah. Book 2. And then, more letters to agents. And how about promotion ideas for A Deadly Deed Grows? It's coming out in a couple of months. I'm hopeless!

Happy Holidays to all!

And If You Like Mysteries, Click on This!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thhanks for writing this