Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Back on Track

It's fall and, well, it's FALL! How did the summer flash by and I didn't notice? Busy life. Busy writing, busy with personal stuff. Busy. Not an excuse. Just an explanation. So, what do I post today? 

I've been struggling a bit with my current WIP. Or maybe it's me struggling with my writing overall. My motivation has suffered. I can guess why. I've always been the singular-focused kind of person. I spend twenty-four seven on one goal. All others end up with my leftovers, which isn't much. And for the past four months the goal has been to get my work published. I have queries and submissions going out in every direction to agents and publishers. It's grueling, disheartening, discouraging, but I'm always ending with a "let's stop whining and send out some more emails!" It's the kind of attitude which throws you into a revolving door situation, but it really helps. You don't quit.

Now back to that WIP. I think I've found something to keep me on track. It's called Pacemaker. No pun intended, although I would say the program has been able to "jump start" and revive my pulse to write on a regular basis. Pacemaker is a free word count tracker/planner. You set the word count goal and your target date to finish your project. And zap! You're good to go. 

Each day, I have a word count to complete and each day I record whatever gets done. And each day I hope to meet that goal. The planner will adjust accordingly for the remaining days' word count. If anything, it's put me back on a schedule. I'm writing steadily instead of once or twice a week at best. With any luck, I'll have my WIP baby finished by November.

I know this post is short, but I'm itching to get back to writing and meet my word count! Go Pacemaker! Here's the link...

PACEMAKER

Try it out!

Happy reading and writing, all :-)

No comments: